Tips for hanging flower baskets
- Soil is really important – make sure to choose high quality potting mix and also add water holding polymer crystals.
- Make sure to water them well – hanging baskets need to be watered often, some of them even every night, because they leach all the nutrients out of the soil faster than regular planters.
- Choose the right plants for your outdoors. Different plants grow well in different areas and under different weather conditions, so make sure to find the right one for your yard.
- Plants that grow well under the Sun: Alyssum, Petunias, Diascia, Nemesia, Lantana, Bacopa, Verbena, Bacopa, Creeping Charlie etc.
- Plants that grow well in shade: Begonia, Fuchsia, Impatiens, Dracaena, Mimulus, Bacopa, Creeping Jenny etc.
And of course, you can either choose if your hanging basket will contain just a single plant to make a mass statement, or maybe you can play with textures and colors, by combing 3-5 different plants. Vibrant colors will attract more attention, while subdued colors will allow the basket to add to the gardenscape.
So, will you choose a hanging flower basket for your yard?