Is the exterior of your home starting to look a little rundown and shabby? Don’t worry — there’s a point in time where it happens to every home, but it can take a long time for the homeowner to notice what’s happened. It doesn’t matter if you’re selling your home or continuing to live in it — both you and the house deserve something that isn’t just clean, but also warm, inviting, and up-to-date when guests come to visit. There are a number of ways to achieve all these good things, and we’ve chosen our top five to help you get started on giving your home the facelift it needs.
- A Fresh Coat of Paint. It’s amazing what a fresh coat of pain can do for your home, especially when you look at the current paint job slowly peeling away. Weather and age can cause this to happen, and without a new coat, there can be lasting damage to your home. Pick up so masonry paint, grab the nearest brush, and start applying the new (or old) colors to the exterior walls. Not only will it look amazing when it’s completed, but you will feel pretty good about your accomplishment! If you’re too anxious about messing up the job, hiring a professional is always an option.
- Wash the Exterior. Pressure washing is an underrated and often overlooked option when considering a new look for your home. It’s something that can leave the exterior of your home looking completely changed,and you can even use it on the patio, porch, and driveway. Pressure washing cleans up the exterior by removing dirt and grime, thus providing a deep clean that gives great results. However, it’s not an easy task, so it could be better to let the professionals handle any pressure washing Charlotte NC of your home in order to prevent potential damage.
- Add Some Plants. Plants bring the outside of a home to life, whether you choose to have them as hanging baskets, pots, or just a freshly mowed lawn. The best way to help your home look its best is to invest in some new plant life to spruce things up and to show off your green thumb. Once you add a bit of foliage, you’ll realize how quickly it spruces up the exterior of your home.
- Replace Old Windows. The issue with old windows is that they not only peel and being to look worn down, they also let cold air inside during the winter months. Rip out the old ones and replace them with something new and professionally installed to keep your home warm, but also give it the updated look it needs. Double glazing is an excellent choice, and you should check with your local council to ensure that there are no restrictions in place. Having problems with pests? Don’t rely on home renovations, but check Turner Pest residential for more info.
- Throw in Some Lighting. Outdoor lighting doesn’t have to be glaring or blinding — it can also bring an element of warmth into your home. A small lamp on the lawn leading up to the door, one by the front door, or even one close-by will be enough to make visitors feel like they’re right at home. You can even get solar lights if you want to have an impact on the environment at the same time.
To Conclude. A fresh coat of paint, a few new plants, and even a quick wash will have your home looking new and improved in no time! All you need is a little time, patience, and hard work to get the ball rolling. We hope that these quick tips will get you started on fulfilling your dreams of a tidy and happy home.